Castor oil packs aid in the elimination and detoxification of the body.
The castor oil pack has many applications and is used in many conditions including uterine fibroids, non-malignant ovarian cysts, headaches, migraines, constipation, intestinal disorders, and gallbladder and liver conditions.
Do not use heat with uterine growths, bleeding, pregnancy, ulcers, or while menstruating. Do not fall asleep while using the electric heating pad.
- Flannel cloth (cotton or wool; 20-40 inches by 24-48 inches)
- Plastic wrap (Clear kitchen wrap or plastic bag without ink)
- Glass dish (Square 9 x 9 inch Pyrex or similar container)
- Bath towel
- Hot water bottle or heating pad
- Two safety pins
- Six ounces of castor oil
- Choose a container in which to store and heat your castor oil pack.
- Pour oil onto flannel until it is well moistened.
- Heat flannel/oil in glass dish in oven or microwave to a comfortable temperature.
- Lie down placing flannel directly on skin over the treatment area.
- Place plastic wrap that is 1-2 inches larger than flannel on all sides over flannel to prevent staining of clothes or bedding.
- Wrap the towel around body over the flannel and plastic and pin. If using heat, apply hot water bottle or heating pad (on medium setting) over the treatment area.
- Rest. You may sleep, use visualization, or meditation at this time.
- You may replace the flannel pack in the glass container and store in refrigerator. This flannel and oil may be used for weeks.
- To cut the oil, wash skin or towel in a solution of 3 tablespoons baking soda/quart of water.